Unless indicated our workshops are held in Bundoora Park at the old Police Stables, the building on the right of this photograph.
The following rules will apply to the management and running of PoV organised workshops with the aim of ensuring that the workshop program is self-supporting.
- These rules may be amended from time to time by the PoV Committee and will be advised to members in the Deckle Edge.
- Workshops will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Registrations will close when the maximum number of participants is reached, or by the advertised closing date, whichever occurs first.
- A place will be secured when full payment has been received.
- Waiting lists will be kept for each workshop in the event of a place becoming available.
- Paypal is the preferred method of payment, followed by credit card and then Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT can be done either online or at your bank). Details on the workshop application form.
- Workshop fee will be $80 for members / $110 for non-members for one day workshops, $160 / $190 for two day workshops. Higher fees for longer or more complex workshops will be advertised. In the interest of attracting new papermakers, single day Beginners Papermaking workshops will offer a reduced fee of $100 for non-members.
- A materials fee payable to the tutor may also apply, depending on the workshop, and will be advertised on the PoV website.
- If a workshop is cancelled by PoV a full refund of fees paid will be made. This includes workshops that cannot run due to Covid restrictions. If a participant withdraws their workshop registration within two weeks of the starting date of the workshop, there will be no refund unless a replacement can be found.
- The minimum number of participants will be set to ensure the workshop is self-supporting, and will cover the cost of the tutor fee and any other costs associated with running the workshop. An exception can be made for the Beginners Papermaking workshops, since it is a reasonable expectation of new members that they be given the opportunity to basic training within a reasonable time of joining. It should be ensured, however, that other workshops for that financial year are profiting sufficiently to cover any deficiencies in the Beginners workshops.
- The maximum number of participants is determined by the tutor, venue and workshop activity.
Revised August 2021