This workshop will introduce you to the skill of hand papermaking with recycled pulp.
You will learn about the preparation and choice of materials for pulp, how to form a sheet of paper, and the pressing and drying of your paper. Necessary equipment for setting up for papermaking at home will also be covered during the day. Different coloured pulps will be provided by the tutor.
This workshop is also be suitable for papermakers who can make paper but wish to extend their skills.
Sunday September 11th 10am-3pm
Tutor: Barb Adams
Cost: $80 members $100 non members
Registrations close: Friday Sept 9th
Please bring the following.
- At least 20 pieces of light coloured poly cotton sheeting torn into 30cm x 40cm. ( a sheet from the op shop is fine )
- A flat tray or board on which to carry home your wet, pressed paper.
- A mould & Deckle if you have one.
- Dress for the weather – hopefully we will be working outside
- A mask – masks will be worn if the weather requires us to work inside
Bookings are closed for this workshop.